Moanalua Elementary School’s Gifted and Talented Program (GT) is now accepting nominations for School Year (SY) 2022-2023. Students who will be in Grades 4th-6th are eligible. Nominations will be accepted by mail or you may by drop off forms to the office. (You may download and print forms OR you may take the online survey. Forms are attached on the bottom of this page. The form/survey link is below. If you do not have a printer, forms may be picked up at the office.)
Please click on link below to nominate your child.
If you feel your child demonstrates exceptional ability and exhibits higher level critical thinking, creativity, and conceptualization, please complete and submit the form below. The screening will be conducted in SY 2022-23.
The Gifted and Talented Program at Moanalua Elementary provides an environment where students can engage in independent studies that demonstrate their creative problem solving, critical thinking, and inquiry skills. This program will be conducted after school several days a week. Specific schedule to be announced at a later date.
The Gifted and Talented identification process consists of three steps:
- Screening of nominated students, during which time all pertinent information is gathered and prepared for committee review. Our school uses the following testing measures:
- COGAT (Cognitive Abilities Test)
- Metropolitan Achievement (Reading comprehension)
- Otis-Lennon Mental Abilities Test
- Torrance test for Creativity
- Stanford Writing Assessment
- SIGS (Teacher and Parent evaluation)
Please complete and submit this form by May 20, 2022.
Late forms will not be accepted.